Snjezana Pohl, Dr. med., Dr. med. dent., Ph.D.
Autogenous Implant Surgical Procedures for the Esthetic Region
October 6 - 9, 2021
- Autogenous Implant Surgical Procedures for the Esthetic Region
Snjezana Pohl, Dr. med., Dr. med. dent., Ph.D.
- Interdisciplinary Dental Education Academy - IDEA
October 6 - 9, 2021
San Francisco Bay Area
CE Credits: 36
This amazing course is featuring the utilization of autogenous tissues and procedures for implant placement. To master hard and soft tissue enhancement in the aesthetic area with proven and innovative treatment options is the focus.
In more than 20 years of experience, Snjezana Pohl has covered the entire spectrum of oral surgery and periodontology, but implant surgical procedures in the esthetic area has always been her focus of interest. From early on in her career, she realized just how collapse prevention is superior to reconstruction and that nothing compares to the results achieved by using autologous tissue.
This meant that she was an early adopter of partial extraction therapy, seeing the value in dentin autograft, tuberosity tissue, and osseodensification. In 2003 she started to combine hard and soft tissue augmentation techniques to treat the Socket Type 2 and 3 and so mIVAN technique was born. In 2020, long term results of up to 11 years with mIVAN technique was published.
The keywords of this outstanding course are: Sustainable, Renewable, Local
If you want to upgrade your skills in the following , this course is for you!
Partial Extraction Therapy:
Is Partial Extraction Therapy a safe procedure? Are there long-term studies?
How to remove the apical socket shield part?
How to manage complications?
Does dentin autograft resorb with time?
Is it sufficient to clean dentin with cleanser provided by the manufacturer?
Does dentin autograft contain growth factors?
How much ridge expansion can be achieved by osseodensification?
Why are some osseodensification burs superior to osteotomes and bone expanders?
Should these osseodensification burs be utilized for the hard bone?
Tunnel and VISTA technique for the peri-implant soft tissue enhancement:
How do you decide between VISTA and Tunnel technique for the soft tissue augmentation?
How to safely mobilize papillae doing a tunnel procedure?
How to reduce morbidity after connective tissue grafting?
Buccal Sliding Palatal Pedicle Flap (BSPPF):
What is the difference to the palatal sliding flap?
Which is the minimal palatal soft tissue thickness required for BSPPF?
How to manage a great palatal artery bleeding?
How to proceed in the case that the pedicle of the palatal pedicled connective tissue graft gets disrupted?
How to prevent and manage the connective tissue graft necrosis?
Where to harvest the autologous bone?
Course participants will be presented a clearly structured decision tree for choosing the most predictable treatment option based on anatomy and biology. You will receive extensive training on all presented techniques during the hands-on portion of the course. A wide variety of autogenous tissues and techniques for implants in the esthetic region will be addressed and practiced.
Snjezana Pohl published an app to share her knowledge, cases and procedure protocols. The procedures in “Decision Matters” are based on what she have found to deliver the best most predictable results. Each registered participant will receive her app complementary as an ideal addition to her course.
- Paradigm shift in osteotomy preparation. How to preserve bone, plastically expand it, enhance its strength in a controlled method? Osseodensification for lateral ridge expansion, immediate implant, crestal sinus lift.
- Ridge splitting. Dentin autograft, socket preservation, defect grafting, lateral ridge augmentation, sinus lift.
- Surgical procedures in aesthetic zone depending on anatomy, decision tree:
Socket Type I: Post extraction implant placement versus early, delayed and late.
Anatomy, 3D implant placement, dual zone augmentation, immediate provisional/ individual healing abutment, soft tissue augmentation with CTG. Importance of peri implant soft tissue for long term stability.
- Soft tissue enhancement: VISTA and palatal sliding buccal flap, v-y Bernotti flap.
- Implant placement in fresh extraction socket. Dual zone augmentation. FCTG harvesting in one incision technique. Tunnel technique for ridge augmentation simultaneous with post ex implant placement.
- Partial Extraction Therapy: trendy therapy? What’s behind? Root submergence therapy, Glocker approach, proximal shield, socket shield.
- Socket type 2 (buccal bone missing socket) and Socket type 3. Diagnosis, available
surgical techniques for implant site development: immediate dentoalveolar restoration (IDR), prosthetic socket preservation, ice cone technique, hard tissue augmentation with implant placement, staged procedure: mIVAN technique.
- Think autogenous! Implant surgical protocols for advanced ridge atrophy. Donor areas for autogenous material: teeth, tuber, zygoma, lateral sinus window plate, palate, nearby areas. Robin Hood tactic: take from the rich areas and give to the poor ones.
- Treatment of multiple gingival recessions. Implant patient with gummy smile: diagnosis and treatment. Digital dentistry for diagnosis, smile design, patient motivation and surgical guide production.
- Surgical crown lengthening in an esthetic area.
- Surgical lip stabilization.
- Extensive training in autogenous surgical techniques
- Factors influencing outcome of implant surgical procedures in the aesthetic area
- Selection of the appropriate surgical procedure for different clinical situations
- Harvest and utilize autogenous tissue
- Procedures for site preservation utilizing osseodensification protocol
- Fabrication of individual healing abutment production with VPI system
- Surgical procedures for sites with advanced ridge atrophy
- Importance of peri implant soft tissue for long term stability
- Predictable surgical techniques for site augmentation
- Innovative techniques with a variety of autogenous tissues
- Solid confidence in planning your implant cases in the aesthetic area
- One-on-one mentoring and clear guidelines for your specific questions
- Intense hands-on training
- Training directly from world leading instructors
- Small group size with a maximum of 16 participants, one-on-one mentoring
- All honoraria are paid by IDEA: no corporate influence or manufacturer representatives on campus
- State-of-the-art, simulation laboratory including a surgical microscope at each work station
- Networking with like-minded professionals from around the world
- Bring your own cases. Discuss techniques and issues relevant to your practice
- Hotel accommodations, beginning the night prior to the course and ending the morning after the course
- Local transportation between the San Francisco International Airport (SFO), IDEA’s partner hotel and the IDEA facility
- Meals: IDEA’s in-house chef serves breakfast and lunch freshly prepared. You will also enjoy a “Welcome” Reception and “Networking” Dinner on the first evening and the Graduation Ceremony and “Celebration” Dinner on the last evening of the course
“I would like to thank Dr. Pohl for sharing so many insights of her clinical knowledge with us. She is skilled, bold, thoughtful, enthusiastic, and has tons of patience. I have really enjoyed learning from her in the past 4 days. I will definitely recommend her course to my colleagues. It is another great course that is offered at IDEA.”
“In 16 years of dentistry, I have not attended such a well-structured, clear, and valuable course. Snjezana is a wonderful teacher, passionate about her work, and an excellent communicator; as well as a world-class implantology’s. I would come back in a heartbeat.”
“Great Surgeon. Great Teacher. Excellent Person. Thoroughly enjoyed learning from Snjezana. If you want to learn from the Best of the Best…”
“Dr. Pohl is one of the most talented surgeons in the world. Her insight and “Robin Hood” methodology when it comes to the use of autogenous tissue is remarkable. Implementing techniques on Monday is only possible due to her lecture and hands-on teaching methods. Absolutely a ‘must take’ course for anyone looking to provide optimal care to implant patients.”
“Absolutely honored to have been taught by Dr. Pohl. She is world class on so many levels; dentist, educator and person.”
“This is my first time to attend IDEA. It’s been a great 4 days with excellent organization, speaker, and all the institute staff. The organization of the very small details is remarkable. The event was run on time, with an exceptional speaker.”
“Dr. Pohl is one of the Greatest Teachers that I have met during my educational career. She influences her wonderful spiritual personality through her true smile and gives all her knowledge to all her students. Great Teacher.”
“I thought this course was amazing. Dr. Pohl broke down procedures in a step by step way to make it easy to learn. She showed socket shield, pedicle grafts, MiVan, and other techniques; all that can be done immediately when we get home.”