Heike Kraemer, Dr. med. dent., M.Sc.
Sadao Sato, D.D.S., Ph.D.
Introductory Course to Predictable and Long-Term Stable Dentistry and Orthodontics: Occlusion, Function and the Complexity of the Masticatory Organ - A Career and Practice Changer
October 1 - 2, 2021
This two-day course is an introduction to modern occlusion concepts and true comprehensive interdisciplinary dentistry. It will be an eye-opening experience to understand the complexity of the masticatory organ and the role and responsibility which it imposes it on the dentist.
The terms Cranio-mandibular Dentistry and Occlusion Medicine describe the extend of impact our profession has on teeth and on the entire human body. Teeth dictate mandibular position and mandibular position plays the key role for dental health and many physical conditions.
If you are looking for stable dentistry, for treatment of dysfunctional patients, if you desire to treat complex cases, if you want to improve your diagnostic and treatment planning skills, increase your skills in patient education and case acceptance, if you are tired of single tooth dentistry and observing the breakdown of your own patients, you should join us.
This 2-day course is the introduction to the transition from being a mechanic to becoming a specialist of the masticatory organ and a problem solver in your area. Can you promise your patients that after treatment, they will be stable for life? No catastrophic dental failures anymore? – We can! When you have the necessary diagnostic information, every case becomes predictable to treat, successful and easy, because you see the red line! Enable yourself to treat with ease these patients who nobody wants to touch anymore.
Join us for this two-day session. Register Now!
- Frustrated of Repair Dentistry?
Underlying cause – Why do patients continue to need dental treatment?
Frustration of your own Failures?
- Why relapse in Orthodontics? – why life-long retainers?
Orthodontics: avoiding orthognathic surgery for severe skeletal classes and open bites
Orthodontics: avoiding premolar extractions, removable-appliances, extra-oral forces
Orthodontics: stable with only 3 month of retention – why no relapse?
Orthodontic treatment for Esthetic Problems: is it just a local dental problem?
- Your large patient pool: the 6-year molar – children: concept of overlay treatment to direct growth and development – avoiding removable appliances
The edentulous patient, partial edentulous, implant patient
How to transition the complex patient into the stable final step?
Severe wear case – underlying cause and treatment
- The Airway
Sleep Apnea Patient – key points for treatment
Sleep Apnea Patient – avoiding removable appliances, surgery or aggressive prosthetics?
- Symptomatic patient: Headaches, Migraine, Vertigo, Physical symptoms – Occlusal impact?
The TMD patient – alternatives to lifelong splints?
Get your patients out of splints (wheelchair, band aid) – appropriate dental treatment
Do we really need TMJ specialists?
- Demystify occlusion
Signs and Symptoms of Occlusal Disease
Guidance and control – is it measurable?
What is occlusal plane? – consequences of its inclination
Are Periodontal Problems related to Occlusion?
Every dentist is an Occlusionist!
- Want to understand the so easily used term “Function” – what does it really mean?
Want to achieve predictably stable treatment outcomes?
- The New Patient: First appointment – The one chance to make a difference!
Identify the risk patient
- Be in full control of the final outcome of your complex cases in every treatment step
Looking for a Mentor? – Have somebody behind to guide you through complex cases
- Do you have a difficult case?
Bring your own cases: Treatment planning sessions
- Finally understand the “bigger picture”
- Realize the necessity of comprehensive functional diagnostics
- Envision your future as a unique and very successful comprehensive practice
- Recognize a path to get out of insurance restrictions
- Become confident to treat complex cases with ease
- Increase your case acceptance and patient satisfaction
- Intense hands-on training
- Training directly from world leading instructors
- Small group size with a maximum of 16 participants, one-on-one mentoring
- All honoraria are paid by IDEA: no corporate influence or manufacturer representatives on campus
- State-of-the-art, simulation laboratory including a surgical microscope at each work station
- Networking with like-minded professionals from around the world
- Bring your own cases. Discuss techniques and issues relevant to your practice
- Meals: IDEA’s in-house chef serves breakfast and lunch freshly prepared.
This course is a must for all practicing dentists and orthodontists.
The 3-year orthodontic program is great. It is challenging and continues to keep me interested in orthodontics according to Prof. Sato’s technique, philosophy, diagnosis, and treatment planning. I am amazed at the cases that are treated and that we are able to treat.
This is the only way to practice if you want to call yourself a doctor.
This course has changed my life and the lives of my patients. I’ve learned to treat patients I never thought that I could, and I’ve made life-long friends.
When I started this 3-year orthodontic program I went through confusion, doubt, and fear about applying this treatment concept in my practice. The moment I felt confident and applied it in my daily practice of orthodontics I experienced an endless excitement and enthusiasm that improved my professional life and satisfaction.
If your desire is to be a better dentist providing optimal care to your clients, IDEA is the place to be. Intensive learning with outstanding speakers (Heike and Professor Sato) who are ready to lead you on a long, satisfactory journey. Thank you.
Everyone talks about ideal dental treatment. This is how it should be done. The Orthodontic Program has changed my life and career. The clarity and understanding have been priceless.
You do not know what you do not know. And what you think you know about occlusion is probably wrong or insufficient. Heike’s continuum made the above statements very clear. An invaluable course for everyone with a dental license.
This is not only an orthodontic course, it is the principle of dentistry taught by the best experts in their fields – I can’t recommend this course enough to every dentist in the world. It enriches your professional life and benefits immensely your patients. Thank you.
Dr. Kramer’s approach and presentation allows you to see occlusion, muscles and function from a completely different perspective. You soon realize that our responsibility as dentists should be on long term health and stability. If we got the function correct the esthetics will follow.