Otto Zuhr, Dr. med. dent.
Plastic Esthetic Periodontal and Implant Surgery: A Microsurgical Approach
April 12 - 15, 2021
This intense hands-on course is featuring all aspects of plastic esthetic periodontal surgery. Predictable wound healing is the most important prerequisite for successful treatment. Being as precise and atraumatic as possible are key factors to positively influence the treatment outcome.
- Diagnoses and treatment planning in terms of possibilities and limitations
- Application of microsurgical principles and its effect on treatment outcome
- Techniques to achieve repeatedly predictable results
- Management of complications and failures
- Periodontal anatomy and wound healing principles
- Microsurgical flap designs
- Suturing techniques
- Gingival augmentation
- Coverage of gingival recessions
- Socket preservation techniques
- Autograft harvesting
- Replacement of missing teeth with pontics and implants
- Root canal access
- Refine your treatment through the potential of minimally invasive microsurgery
- Significant improvement of your results
- Receive one-on-one mentoring and clear guidelines for your specific questions
- Treatment planning of patients with complex esthetic problems
- The importance of surgical loupes or a microscope
- Intense hands-on training
- Training directly from world leading instructors
- Small group size with a maximum of 16 participants, one-on-one mentoring
- All honoraria are paid by IDEA: no corporate influence or manufacturer representatives on campus
- State-of-the-art, simulation laboratory including a surgical microscope at each work station
- Networking with like-minded professionals from around the world
- Bring your own cases. Discuss techniques and issues relevant to your practice
- Hotel accommodations, beginning the night prior to the course and ending the morning after the course
- Local transportation between the San Francisco International Airport (SFO), IDEA’s partner hotel and the IDEA facility
- Meals: IDEA’s in-house chef serves breakfast and lunch freshly prepared. You will also enjoy a “Welcome” Reception and “Networking” Dinner on the first evening and the Graduation Ceremony and “Celebration” Dinner on the last evening of the course
This is the finest CE course I have attended from a didactic and hands-on standpoint. Otto Zuhr is a gifted clinician, a true educator, and a person of integrity — what a joy.
Well organized, attention to detail — presentation, staff, venue, outstanding. Overall an optimal learning environment.
Definitely the most clinically applicable course I have ever taken. I can use so many of the pearls in practice starting tomorrow.
It was a true privilege to take this course. It was such a unique opportunity to learn from Dr. Zuhr, one of the finest Periodontist in the world. He has tremendous passion in combining science with his clinical expertise. The knowledge I have gained from this course will have an incredible impact on improving clinical outcomes in my practice.
This was my second IDEA course and thought it was impossible to improve on this. This course was beyond any expectations and will recommend that every practitioner visit this great establishment committed to excellence.
There are courses that provide a pearl or two you hope to implement in your daily practice. This course with Otto Zuhr has provided a philosophical and practical change that dramatically improves your practice.
The opportunity to interact with my colleagues from all over the world, with different educational backgrounds and practice experience, was rewarding. Furthermore, the ability to spend four quality days with Dr. Otto Zuhr and his expertise in periodontal plastic surgery has been priceless. Thank you for the opportunity.
As an oral surgeon, I can say that this is the best soft tissue course (Zuhr) I have taken. Based on science and given by a top notch surgeon and person. This will help me better my treatment outcomes. Bravo!
The best course I have ever attended. Dr. Zuhr is a fantastic clinician and researcher, who is so willing to share his knowledge and pioneering skills. The training facility is world class. The course is so well organized with great attention to detail.