Heike Kraemer, Dr. med. dent., M.Sc.
Prosthetic Concepts in Advanced Interdisciplinary Treatment:
Dates TBD, 2022
The Ultimate Program in Cranio-Mandibular Dentistry and Occlusion Medicine
Reasons to join this course
This Therapy curriculum is the continuation of the diagnostic course. The primary purpose of this program is to impart profound knowledge of advanced interdisciplinary treatment concepts. The students will gain expertise in various aspects of interdisciplinary therapy and will learn to manage treatment and sequence in complex patient cases.
After the completion of the Diagnostic Continuum the participants are able to collect the necessary diagnostic information and to conclude a comprehensive diagnosis and treatment plan.
In this program, the participants will present their own cases and treat their patients. After case discussion, the rehabilitation of the masticatory organ will be defined and then performed by the participants in their practices. The modular structure over 1 and ½ years allows the participants to be guided through the treatment process of complex cases.
Prerequisite for this program is the attendance of the IDEA Diagnostic Continuum.
Special focus of this Therapy course is Interdisciplinary Team Work and State-of-the-Art in the areas of Periodontics, Restorative Dentistry, Orthodontics, Dental Technology, Implantology and Prosthetics. Also the interdisciplinary collaboration with other medical fields will be discussed. The goal of this program is to achieve predictable and long-term stable treatment results.
Become safe in treating complex cases and dysfunctional patients
|Module A:||Initial Therapy in Complex Cases
|Pretreatment of dysfunctional patients – functional appliances and transition restoration|
|Interdisciplinary communication between dentistry and other medical disciplines|
|Module B:||Orthodontics related to Function, Occlusion and the Craniomandibular System
|Orthodontic treatment to prepare restorative cases
Orthodontic treatment for dysfunctional patients
Non-orthognathic-surgery, non-premolar-extraction orthodontics
|Module C:||Periodontics and Implantology
|“Implants are 100% a prosthetic procedure”
Prosthetic driven preparation of implant site – Grow bone – Hard and soft tissue management– Flapless, painless implant placement
|Module D:||Interdisciplinary Teamwork in Complex Prosthetics
|Interdisciplinary planning, communication, and time management|
|Module E||Esthetics and Function
|Dentist / Dental Technician Teamwork: “One brain – four hands”
Communication and Collaboration
After passing a final exam, participants will be awarded with a certificate in:
- Intense hands-on training
- Training directly from world leading instructors
- Small group size with a maximum of 16 participants, one-on-one mentoring
- All honoraria are paid by IDEA: no corporate influence or manufacturer representatives on campus
- State-of-the-art, simulation laboratory including a surgical microscope at each work station
- Networking with like-minded professionals from around the world
- Bring your own cases. Discuss techniques and issues relevant to your practice
- Hotel accommodations, beginning the night prior to the course and ending the morning after the course
- Local transportation between the San Francisco International Airport (SFO), IDEA’s partner hotel and the IDEA facility
- Meals: IDEA’s in-house chef serves breakfast and lunch freshly prepared. You will also enjoy a “Welcome” Reception and “Networking” Dinner on the first evening and the Graduation Ceremony and “Celebration” Dinner on the last evening of the course
Thank you Bob and Heike for the course. This program is an excellent continuation of the diagnostic continuum. I enjoyed it greatly. Treatment planning will be a great benefit for my practice.
If you want to understand occlusion, you HAVE to take this course. It has truly changed my practice and my life.
This course is instrumental in applying the knowledge that I learned from the first Continuum. It ties.
Thank you Heike and Bob Lamb for the wonderful course. I really appreciate all of the passion and effort you put into this course. Every day always has some amazing surprise in store. Dankeschoen.