Pierpaolo Cortellini, M.D., D.D.S.
Periodontal Regeneration around Compromised Teeth and Implants:
March 24 - 27, 2021
Theory, Hands-on and Video Demonstrations
This intense, interactive course, powered by focused hands-on training and video demonstrations aims at clinicians wishing to upgrade their skills in the application of periodontal regenerative surgery around teeth and implants. The course consists of an integrated approach designed to build and extend the skills of the practicing dentist in the area of contemporary periodontal regenerative surgery, microsurgery and minimally invasive surgery. The material will be covered with seminar style lectures, practical exercises on simulators, case discussions, treatment planning exercises and video demonstrations.
- Defect diagnosis and preparation of the patient for regenerative surgery around teeth and implants
- Selection of the regenerative strategy and materials
- Application of macro and microsurgical principles
- Treatment planning of patients with complex periodontal and implant problems
- Wound healing principles and translation into clinical concepts
- Papilla preservation flap and minimally invasive flap approaches
- Selection of the regenerative materials
- Suturing techniques
- Post-surgical protocols and management of complications and failures
- Long-term maintenance of outcomes
- Competence to take an appropriate clinical decision
- Skills to predictably apply regenerative surgery
- Expand your clinical ability to satisfy patient’s requests
- Intense hands-on training
- Training directly from world leading instructors
- Small group size with a maximum of 16 participants, one-on-one mentoring
- All honoraria are paid by IDEA: no corporate influence or manufacturer representatives on campus
- State-of-the-art, simulation laboratory including a surgical microscope at each work station
- Networking with like-minded professionals from around the world
- Bring your own cases. Discuss techniques and issues relevant to your practice
- Hotel accommodations, beginning the night prior to the course and ending the morning after the course
- Local transportation between the San Francisco International Airport (SFO), IDEA’s partner hotel and the IDEA facility
- Meals: IDEA’s in-house chef serves breakfast and lunch freshly prepared. You will also enjoy a “Welcome” Reception and “Networking” Dinner on the first evening and the Graduation Ceremony and “Celebration” Dinner on the last evening of the course
An excellent course that met my expectations. It was definitely worth the investment in my opinion. I am looking forward to implementing what I learned into my clinical practice. Kudos to Bob, Prof. Cortellini, and the entire team at IDEA.
This was a very detailed and informative course — very thorough. As a general practitioner, I would highly recommend this course to anyone looking to implement periodontal surgery into their practices. This is the ultimate periodontal surgery class.
Prof. Cortellini has not only changed the way I will do periodontal surgery, but the way I will practice periodontics and dentistry. Very highly recommended for all dentists, who practice periodontics and periodontists.
Prof. Cortellini is a great teacher. It is an excellent place to learn with lots of evidence based recommendations and many opportunities to practice and ask questions.
This is probably the best course I have ever attended. Sandro is so passionate about dentistry. His knowledge is incredible and the course content was perfectly given and useful for my practice. Thank you.
This was a great course. Many of the surgical techniques that I was already using are now going to be much more refined. Dr. Cortellini is definitely a true teacher and more than that, a true gentleman. Thanks!
The ultimate course of periodontology! Dr. Cortellini explains in detail what is essential from bone biology, materials and procedures. Clinical applications is foremost and a step-by-step guide to performing not only regenerative periodontics, but thinking about the application of sound principles of biology as applicable to periodontics. My favorite class by far in periodontics!
As an oral surgeon, Dr. Cortellini opened my eyes to surgical procedures and treatment planning that I find truly invaluable and that can be applied to my practice. Thank you.
It is a simple fact that the 3 courses I have attended at IDEA are the only ones having had the effect of significant change in my subsequent clinical practice. After 22 years in periodontics, this is even more so again with Prof. Cortellini’s course on regeneration. All is now clear and simply cannot wait to radically change my clinical approaches to different advanced problems.