Ken Hovden, D.D.S.
The Surgical Microscope: Your Link to Better Digital Dentistry
November 8 - 9, 2019
- The Surgical Microscope: Your Link to Better Digital Dentistry
Ken Hovden, D.D.S.
- Interdisciplinary Dental Education Academy - IDEA
November 8 - 9, 2019
San Francisco Bay Area
CE Credits: 18
Whether you own or are contemplating purchasing a dental microscope, this intense hands-on course will immediately impact your practice. You will return to your practice prepared to successfully integrate the microscope into your esthetic restorative dentistry, efficiently and effectively.
- Skills and concept of how to use a dental microscope effectively on a daily basis
- Chair side ergonomics – improvement for your personal well being
- Immediately enhance your diagnostic skills
- Improve the precision and predictability of your therapy
- Benefit from six options of magnification – from entire mouth to highest precision
- Benefit from better illumination in all facets of dentistry
- Perform Class II restorations with proper contour and contacts
- Use of fissurotomy burs to practice micro-dentistry
- Learn conservative porcelain veneer preparation and temporization
- Understand how to work with multiple layers in a Class IV composite
- Posterior porcelain onlay preparation
- Cosmetic post placement
- Root canal access
- Experience the microscope as an unparalleled communication/documentation tool
- Provide your patients with a higher level of quality care
- Increase significantly your image in the eyes of your patients
- Elevate your personal clinical skills
- Intense hands-on training
- Training directly from world leading instructors
- Small group size with a maximum of 16 participants, one-on-one mentoring
- All honoraria are paid by IDEA: no corporate influence or manufacturer representatives on campus
- State-of-the-art, simulation laboratory including a surgical microscope at each work station
- Networking with like-minded professionals from around the world
- Bring your own cases. Discuss techniques and issues relevant to your practice
- Hotel accommodations, beginning the night prior to the course and ending the morning after the course
- Local transportation between the San Francisco International Airport (SFO), IDEA’s partner hotel and the IDEA facility
- Meals: IDEA’s in-house chef serves breakfast and lunch freshly prepared. You will also enjoy a “Welcome” Reception and “Networking” Dinner on the first evening and the Graduation Ceremony and “Celebration” Dinner on the last evening of the course
Terrific instructor and course format! The instructor brought the attendees from zero to being able to do procedures confidently and efficient on Monday. Excellent introduction to the microscope. The course more than met my expectations.
If you have bought a microscope, this course will aid the transition from it being an ornament to an essential tool.
Dr. Hovden has a very pleasant and approachable way of teaching. His course on the surgical microscope was extremely helpful. He provided numerous suggestions on how to improve our views and prep techniques. I thoroughly enjoyed the class.
A higher level of education. It’s an experience, not a course.
Dr. Hovden taught a very good course. This is an opportunity to learn the microscope at the same time learn different restorative techniques and materials. A must course for anybody having bought or planning to buy the dental microscope.
This is not only incorporating microscope in practice but also improving quality of care of patients.
I find the course work and objective applicable to real world dentistry. Connecting the dots of “how” and “why” has dossed many dentists since dental school. IDEA has closed this disconnect and allowed us to return triumphantly to our patients ready for whatever challenges that may come our way. Thank you.
A very good introduction to use of a surgical microscope in general dentistry. If you are looking to incorporate a microscope into your practice, this is a course for you.
Enjoyed the microscope class. Ken Hovden (instructor) very “down to earth”. Ken is well versed in using the scope as well as other areas of dentistry which he included in his instruction of the class. The facility at IDEA is ideal for maximum learning.
Course was very helpful to implementing more comprehensive use of the microscope. Procedures were instructional and well-paced for learning. Very professional and intimate teaching environment and staff.